Dan T. Brody, M.D.
- 1985 – B.Sc., University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland – Major: Microbiology 1987 – M.Sc., Hood College, Frederick, Maryland – Major: Cell Biology
- 1992 – MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1992 – 1995 – Medical Resident, Department of Internal Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- 1995 – 1998 – Medical Staff Fellow, Allergy and Immunology Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, NIAID, NIH.
- 1998 to present – Allergist in private practice
- 1992 – Diplomate, NBME
- 1995 – American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1997 – American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Awards & Honors
- 1992 – Milton H.Sacks Award for Excellence in Hematology
- 1997 – Distinguished Residents and Fellows Asthma Scholarship Award
- Washington Magazine Top Doctors List – 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Thoracic Society
- Greater Washington Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Society
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- Brody, D; Metcalfe DD. Mast Cells: A unique and functional diversity (editorial). Clinical and Experimental Allergy 1998 28:1167-1170.
- Baraniuk JN; Ali M; Brody DT; Maniscalco J; Gaumond E; Fitzgerald T; Wong G; Yuta A; Mak JC; Barnes PJ; Bascom R; Troost T. Glucocorticoids induce beta-2 adrenergic receptor function in human nasal tissue. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 1997 155(2):704-710.
- Bristol LA; Ruscetti FW; Brody DT; Durum SK. IL-1 alpha induces expression of active TGF beta in non-proliferating T cells via a post-transcriptional mechanism. Journal of Immunology 1990 145(12): 4108-4114.
- Brody DT; Durum SK. Membrane IL-1 : IL-1 alpha precursor binds to the plasma membrane via a lectin-like interaction. Journal of Immunology 1989 143(4): 1183-1187.
- Romero R; Brody DT; Oyarzun E; Mazor M; Wu YK; Hobbins JC; Durum SK. Infection and labor. III. Intereukin-1: a signal for the onset of parturition. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 160 (5 Pt 1):1117-1123.
- Romero R; Wu YK; Brody DT; Oyarzun E; Duff GW; Durum SK. Human decidua: a source of interleukin-1. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 73(1):31-34.
- Brody DT; Durum SK. A plasma membrane anchoring mechanism for IL-1. In Monokines and other non-lymphocytic cytokines 1988, edited by Powanda, Oppenheim, Kluger, and Dinarello; Alan R. Liss, Inc., New York. pp.101-107.
- Tartakovsky B; Finnegan A; Muegge K; Brody DT; Kovacs EJ; Smith MR; Berzofsky JA; Young HA; Durum SK. IL-1 is an autocrine growth factor for T cell clones. Journal of Immunology 1988 141(11):3863-3867.
- Brody DT; Romero RJ; Durum Sk. IL-1 in normal human amniotic fluid. Lymphokine Research 1987 6(1): abstract 1217.
- Durum SK; Brody DT; Tartakovsky B. IL-1 as a self-serving principle in T cell clones. Annales De L’Institut Pasteur (Immunology) 1987 138(3):469-472.
- Luccioli S; Brody DT; Hasan S; Keane-Myers A, Prussin C, Metcalfe DD. IgE+, Kit－, I-A/I-E- myeloid cells are the initial source of Il-4 after antigen challenge in a mouse model of allergic pulmonary inflammation. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2002 110(1): 117-124.